Why do I see different keyword rankings?
The common reasons why your rankings look different in Google's SERP from what you see in our tool (and in other rank trackers too) are:
- Personalized search results
- Search region
- Search filters
- Typos in search queries
- SERP updates
Also, there is something called the Google Dance - you could have dropped only for some time and go back up when Google returns data from different servers.
What to check when comparing
- make sure that you have set the correct location in Monitor Backlinks and are using the same location for comparison
- make sure that you are opening in an incognito window
- note that we update our rankings on a weekly basis (you can see when the ranking was last updated by hovering over the keyword).
How does MB see the keyword results?
If you want to see the entire search engine results page that our bot saw, then you can take the following steps:
- click on the number in the Ranking column
- click on "Position info"