Can Monitor Backlinks help me check if there are changes in my backlinks status?
You spend a lot of time and effort to earn good backlinks, and it's a big problem if a backlink disappears. It's important to monitor them so that you can do something and preserve your investment. Monitor Backlinks makes it easy.
The way Monitor Backlinks works is that:
- you input your domain
- all of the backlinks get recorded
- we regularly monitor your backlinks
- you keep track of the status changes in your backlinks
How can I track the changes in my backlinks status?
There are 2 ways to check:
- you get email alerts from MB
- you check backlinks yourself
a. checking your backlinks with email alerts
You get email alerts automatically when:
- your website gets or loses backlinks
- the backlinks status changes
Here is an example of the info in the email alert:
b. checking your backlinks yourself
You can also log in at any time and go to the Your Links section to check for yourself. If a backlink that once existed (or which was imported manually by you) can't be found, you'd see a "BNF":
There are also useful filters so that you can filter for:
- links from a specific page/domain
- links with a certain status (eg. BNF, Backlink Not Found)
To do it:
- click on the "New Filter" button:
2. select "Linking Page" and put in the word (or the page/domain) you would like to filter for:
3. click on the "+" sign and select "Status" from the dropdown menu with "is backlink not found" condition:
You can also see recent changes to your backlinks by going to https://monitorbacklinks.com/app/backlinks/history. This is a module that keeps a detailed list of the backlinks whose status has changed since you’ve started using the software and updates the list every five days.
Can I monitor a "lost" backlink?
You can also monitor a backlink that has already been removed from the internet. To do this you would have to import the backlink manually by using this button:
Our system would keep monitoring for the link and update if the link is found again.