Google Search Console (GSC) is free, and it also shows links to your website.
So how is Monitor Backlinks (MB) better?
In short, GSC is just a list of some of the backlinks to your site.
MB gives you the data and system to do basically anything you want for your backlinks and keywords.
Some key differences:
- GSC only shows a sample of your links, while MB shows a comprehensive list.
- MB shows all your LIVE backlinks, while GSC displays non-live links (ie. links that have been removed from the internet) as well.
- Also, by default MB ignores sitewide links to prevent noise. For example: if you have 100 links from one domain, we'll show just one.
- MB shows competitors' links - GSC only gives you access to your own links.
- MB shows metrics for link quality so that you're able to differentiate between high and low quality links.
- MB shows keyword rankings to know how well you are ranking for desirable keywords on Google.
- MB shows you regularly updated link status.
- MB lets you easily filter your backlinks and create useful reports to identify trends in your backlinks.
- MB lets you easily add tags and apply filters to easily create a disavow list to Google.
- MB gives automatic email updates when you gain/lose backlinks.
- We also offer an option for you to import your backlinks from Google Search Console, Moz, Majestic or Ahrefs. So you can use MB as a centralized location to see a complete list of information.
You might find this video useful as well:
10 Reasons Why You Need To Use Monitor Backlinks