Why do I see different keyword rankings in Google?
There are a few common reasons why your rankings look different in Google's SERP from what you see in Monitor Backlinks (and in other rank trackers too).
It could be due to:
- Personalized search results
- Search region
- Search filters
- Typos in search queries
- Google updates
Also, there is something called the "Google Dance" which often occurs — you can drop in rankings for a short time, but then go back up again when Google returns data from different servers.
What to check when comparing keywork rankings
- Make sure you have set the correct location in Monitor Backlinks and are using the same location for comparison
- Make sure you are opening Google Search in an incognito window
- Note that we update our rankings on a weekly basis (you can see when the ranking was last updated by hovering over the keyword)
How does Monitor Backlinks see the keyword ranking results?
If you want to see the entire SERP that our bot saw, you can take the following steps:
- Click on the position number in the "Ranking" column
- Click on "Position info"